Thursday, August 9, 2012

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


So here's a movie that isn't discussed much....

Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.

A few years ago, I was going through the IMDB's top 100 movies of all time (it's top 250 now). There were several movies on there I'd never heard of and/or had absolutely no interest in whatsoever. To my surprise, I ended up finding lots of new movies I absolutely love. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind was one of those. I ended up loving that movie so much, I'm pretty sure it's my number 1 fave of all time. No, really.


Sometimes I don't think people realize how lonely it is to be a kid.

For those that don't know, this movie is defined as a romantic sci-fi. It's a story about a company called Lacuna that can erase memories and how it effects the people involved. The two main characters meet and start a relationship without knowing they were former lovers. It's incredibly amazing and has the most realistic dream-like scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

Maybe you can find yourself a nice antique rocking chair to die in.

Today I went to listen to the movie, but it's one of those movies you simply CAN'T listen to, so I'm just gonna go watch it. Totally worth it. In addition to that, I listened to the soundtrack! Thank goodness for youtube, right?

So if you've never seen the movie, you should really give it a go. It's got a clever story, a fun romance and some pretty amazing actors in it. TO NETFLIX! Or, at least watch the trailer!

Song of the day - Mr. Blue Sky by ELO <3

No comments:

Post a Comment