Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Twister

Rabbit is good. Rabbit is wise.

Twister was the first movie I saw in the theaters twice. That movie made me love typography, cheesy lines and meteorology. Plus, it totally fits since there was thunderstorms all night.

For those who don't know, Twister is a Warner Bros/Universal Studios film starring Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton. The plot follows a group of storm chasers as they hunt down a F-5 Tornado (though the Fujita scale is SO outdated, but ya know, whatever) to deploy their sensors for tornado readings. With a screenplay by Michael Crichton and produced by Steven Spielberg, you really couldn't make it a better film. ^^

As a little girl...well, sorta little, the opening title made my jaw drop. It's really not that special, but when I first saw those letters swirl around like they were caught in the wind, my first thought was "I wanna do that!". It was from that point on I started noticing text and fonts and how they were used. Not long after, I became addicted to Flash. You can blame Twister for the fact that I'm a graphic designer.


Yeah, well Kansas is a mess. There's a big crease right through Wichita. Roll the maps!

The other thing this movie did for me was spark my interest in meteorology. That's a topic for later though. Just know it's awesome.

For Twister day, aside from telling random people that it was Twister day and them giving me odd looks, I listened to the movie! Yay! I've actually had the movie at work for a while. I've watched it so many times that listening to it is alot like listening to music. Every once in a while my mouth will start moving and I'll be quoting it without even realizing it till I get to a SUPER AWESOME ROCKIN PART and scream out at the top of my lungs "FOOD!". I think I might have scared a few people when I did that.



It's not others favorite movie, but it's definitely one of my top 3 of all time. There's lots of crazy awesome lines in it (He really is in love with himself. I thought it was just a summer thing), fun explosions and effects and tons of inspiration for meteorology lovin' artist apparently.

Song of the day - Human Being by Van Halen.
It's in the movie. Watch it. Listen to it. LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, my fellow Twister lover! All time fave quote from the movie is "Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise" So random, but just awesome!

    ReplyDelete