Saturday, August 4, 2012

Haunted Mansion



best.
ride.
ever.

Ok, not ever, but pretty dang close. It's in my top... oh, 5. I think.

I never used to like it so much. I mean, it was cool and all, but then I met Josh. He LOVES that ride. Mostly because when he was little he was forced, kicking and screaming, on the ride over and over. Ok, not THAT bad, but he was scared of it. So when we were in Disney, he would drag me on the ride over and over and over. The amount of detail and creativity in that ride is astounding. The dancing ghosts. The overlaying off-beat music to make you feel slightly uncomfortable. The huge array of projections and animatronics. It's all very impressive.


You can imagine my excitement when I found out they were making a movie about it. The ride tells a story, believe it or not. A really good one, too. That Master Gracie was formally a pirate (from the Caribbean), and when his wife found out from items/papers in the attic, she fell out the window. The story is half-speculated, but it fits the ride. Too bad the movie was, well, terrible.

Yeah, let's be honest. It was downright awful.

For Haunted Mansion day, I wore my home-made Haunted Mansion shirt! It gets loads of compliments whenever I go to Disney.

Just for fun, here's a photo of a group us us dressed up as the stretching portraits from Haunted Mansion for Mickey's Halloween Party in Disneyland. Yeah, we're that crazy. ^^

For those who like to craft, there's a really cool paper Haunted Mansion you can make yourself! I did it once. Took me about 3 days, but it's really cool looking. For the pattern and prints, head on over to http://www.haunteddimensions.raykeim.com/index380.html

Song of the day - Grim Grinning Ghosts

No comments:

Post a Comment